Cold Weather Alert
How to help:
If you see anyone who is un-housed and cold, PLEASE stop and give them this information:
- The cold weather emergency # is 615-800-0195 and this will have info about what shelters are open
- The Cold Patrol # is 615-255-2475 and they can provide transportation to people needing to come in.
- Failing that, you can always call metro at 615-862-8600.
- Program these numbers into your phone and call if you see someone! It could save a life.
- Please help by sharing this page so that other people are aware of the biggest needs. I'll keep it updated with more info as I get it.
Open table's warming shelters have an immediate need for volunteers, mostly between 5:30-8:30PM, for the following:
- Set Up
- Welcome Table Hosts
- Dinner Servers/Kitchen Helpers
- Innkeepers (This needs to be someone who has been to shelters before and feels comfortable handling any situations that could potentially arise in the evenings!) BUT- You veterans out there…we need at least 2 innkeepers at each shelter!!
- Laundry (this is a quick turn around but a HUGE need)
- Clean up in the morning
- Drivers (This also needs to be an experienced volunteer…and over 25 for insurance purposes)
- People to ride along with Drivers
Greatest among these is the need for innkeepers -- if you can volunteer at any of the locations (see below) please contact Regina Rigney: email@example.com
If you'd like to sign up to get more information about being a part of the Salvation Army's response team, you can send an email to Misty_Ratcliff@uss.salvationarmy.org
Open Table Warming Shelters:
Open Table Nashville will have emergency warming shelters for people with pets, couples and others who cannot be served at other locations. Shelters will be open on the following days:
- Green Street Church, 146 Green St
- Brenthaven, 516 Franklin road
- Woodbine Church
Mobile Warming Stations:
OEM and Metro public school buses will be at Riverfront Park and in the Farmers Market area from 1pm this afternoon until 7pm Thursday evening.